Zola Jesus

I already told you about the Cooncert initiative when I published the photos of She Keeps Bees not very long ago. Well, Zola Jesus was the first of my proposals that the Cooncert team selected and put out on the Web for votation. And guess what? It got enough votes and I got to see Zola Jesus live for the very first time! On top of that, the team invited me to come to the venue earlier to have a look at the sound check. Which is probably the most boring thing for the artists and their teams and generally, everybody who works in the music industry, but which is also kinda cool and exciting for someone like me, who never has the occasion to have a look behind the curtains! It was also a good preview of what was to come...

Honestly, I think this was the best concert I saw last year. I was already very enthusiastic about many concerts, including Indochine, She Keeps Bees, Björk, numerous concerts seen in festivals and of course, the stunning concert of Asaf Avidan. I guess Zola Jesus just went one step further. A perfect blend of impressive vocal and interpretative capacities, along with an extraordinary presence on stage, almost intimidating for such a short woman, and trance-like moments reminiscent of some kind of urgent, vital dance...

There are very few photos to illustrate all of this because the truth is that I was so captivated for most of the show that I ended up forgetting about the camera in my hand...





 

Commentaires