Rufus Wainwright (Cruïlla)

Getting back to my summary of the Cruïlla in photos!

So the second concert I really didn't want to miss during these two days was, of course, the concert of Rufus Wainwright that, for some reason I don't recall now, I regretfully missed the previous year at the Primavera Sound. So no excuse this time! And I obviously wasn't disappointed... Alone on the stage with his piano and his guitar, Rufus Wainwright truly showed the extent of his talent both as a musician and a performer. Not that easy to keep the attention of a festival audience when you're standing up there all alone... But he effortlessly managed it and showed himself very comfortable and communicative. And to my greatest surprise, he even managed to make the audience shut up for a couple of songs... Yeah, sounds weird but, despite all the "cariño" that I have for this city, it is a really complicated task to make people shut up during a concert in Barcelona! And as great as it is to have an audience so willing to participate and make a concert a truly shared moment, sometimes it's also great to just be silent, listen to the music and get carried away by emotions...

So way to go, Mr. Wainwright...

Commentaires